Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TechLiveConnect/Driver Manager

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 grawdix

grawdix

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:20 AM

Hi, not sure if this is the best forum, so any suggestions for more appropriate forum welcome.

I have been incredibly stupid. In searching for solution to minor touch-pad scrolling malfunction I downloaded Driver Manager who  passed me on to Tech Live Connect, after persuading me that my laptop was in a critical condition, blocked up with junk files and inactive microsoft updates. I then extended my level of stupidity to mind boggling, by enabling TLC remote control of laptop for about an hour. TLC claim that their services and support improve performance of computer and make Norton irrelevant. I have always used Norton 360 with this computer, and had performed a full system scan and disk optimisation just a short while before this. I perform quick scans weekly and disk optimisation when advised by Norton 360.

Following the remote session and a reboot, my computer was behaving more erratically than before. As i moved mouse pointer around lists or menus, files or programs would open without prompting. In one instance several files, long ago deleted from recycle bin, appeared briefly in start menu. My first reaction was to run Norton Power Eraser. I then did a system restore to before contact with TLC/DM followed by Windows update. Later on a Full system scan and disk optimisation. My computer is now performing as well it was before interference from TLC, Although Chrome Tabs now look a little different. I have also just noticed that Norton Toolbar despite being enabled,is not appearing in Chrome and the Norton Logo is blank. Norton control interface however seems to be normal and all security settings running. 

I have canceled my credit card and had my Bank temporarily suspend my on-line account. I am avoiding any security sensitive activity with this computer until I can be reasonably confident that it is safe to do so. Computer speed does not seem too bad, and apart from the original scrolling inconsistencies no misbehaviour is apparent, so if there are any nasties present they don't appear to be doing much at the moment. Being technically ignorant I have no idea what TLC may have had the opportunity to do while in remote control of my computer, or of what is possible. I would therefore appreciate advice and suggestions of how to proceed. I use Norton identity safe and when I have confidence in computer again will change  all of my passwords. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:23 PM

Tech Live Connect - Who we are

Businessweek.com: Company Overview of Tech Live Connect Pte. Ltd.
TechLiveConnect Summary by Scambook.com
TechLiveConnect Summary by Scamguard.com

When searching for malware removal assistance (and removal guides) on the Internet, it is not unusual to find numerous hits from untrustworthy and scam sites which mis-classify detections or provide misleading information. This is deliberately done more as a scam to entice folks into buying an advertised fix or removal tool. In some cases if the fix is a free download, users may be enticed to download a malicious file or be redirected to a malicious web site. If the information is provided by a "so-called" Tech Support site, you are typically referred to contact their support staff for assistance if (when) the suggested instructions do not work. In most cases that assistance is only provided for a fee and many times the actual amount is not disclosed until after you have committed yourself.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 grawdix

grawdix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

Thanks for your input.The comments on scamguard reflect my own experience. I have emailed TLC 3 times now expressing my dissatisfaction  and desire to terminate my business with them, requesting a refund. No response from them.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,133 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:30 PM

Not a problem.

You may also want to report here...ComplaintsBoard.com: Submit complaint

ComplaintsBoard has a larger audience and vendors then to respond quicker.

#5 grawdix

grawdix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:09 AM

I just finished Complaints Board report. Also came across this https://freelivetechnician.wordpress.com/2014/05/23/tlc-tech-live-connect-scam/  Of course as we all know it is very difficult to know what internet information is wheat and which is chaff. Thanks again 

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,133 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:44 AM

You're welcome.

#7 TLCOnline

TLCOnline

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:41 AM

Dear Customer,

We at Tech Live Connect apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. Our online feedback team tracked this post recently. 

We intend to do clean business and strive for customer delight. Please help us with your transaction ID, your name, email address and phone number. We will check our records and get back to you. We assure you that we will resolve the issue to your fullest satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Team Tech Live Connect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users