The purpose of this guide is to teach you how to connect Puppy Linux to wifi using Frisbee. Frisbee can be used to configure all internet connections, but is primarily designed for wifi on laptops.
- Select Menu-->Setup-->Internet Connection Wizard.
...or click on the "connect" icon on the desktop.
- In the next window that opens, select "Wired or Wireless LAN"
- Then select Frisbee.
Wait for Frisbee to check your computer's network devices.
- When the next window opens, and if after a few seconds your network has not appeared in it, press "Restart Networks." If your network is listed, skip this step.
- When the window opens again, your network should now be listed
- Click on your network to highlight it, then press "Connect"
- Type your wifi password into the box that appears, then press "OK"
- Wait for Frisbee to confirm that you are connected to your network then press "EXIT"
- Now wait, because it will probably take some time for your computer to configure the network. When it has done so, this next window will appear, and confirm that your wlan interface is active.
If you successfully connected to the internet, then click "YES SET AS DEFAULT."
Otherwise, Puppy should automatically connect to your wifi signal each time you reboot. If you have any connectivity issues in the future, open Frisbee and press "Restart Networks." Frisbee will then restart your computer's network connections, scan for wifi signals, and automatically connect to your network as long as it's in range.
Edited by Al1000, 16 August 2017 - 07:54 AM.