Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crash!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 coheed

coheed

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:55 PM

Okay, I'm new here, so go easy on me. I was using on my computer and all of a sudden my norton anti-virus pops up saying I have a trojan horse virus in my computer and that if I run a check that it will find it and fix the problem. I run the check and it tells me that the virus can't be removed automatically, but that I'll have to do it myself manually by putting it into safe mode and deleating all of the infected files. So I print out the instructions and turn off my computer and put into safe mode, but I can't do anything. All I see on the screen is black with writing on the top and bottom of the screen, I have tried going into adminastrator and uder my name, but it always goes to a black screen! The big problem is that it won't go back into regualar mode, So what can I do here?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:03 AM

Hello,

You can go to this link for some information:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Or you can do what you are more than likely going to be asked to do anyways, and check out this tutorial for using HiJackthis and after following the steps, report to the following forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

nos :thumbsup:
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users