Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics driver update AVG reporting unknown malware threats

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 simplesimpleton

simplesimpleton

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:17 PM

I have a AMC Radeon hd6310 graphics card.I just updated the driver after being prompted by photoshop cc in order to support 3d capabilities.photoshop tells me i have less then 500m of vRam. i went to the amd site and downloaded the autodetectutility.exe and updated the drivers.i did not disable my AVG firewall.upon restart, google chrome opened up wwith the typical thank you message from amd and avg's threat detector popped up and blocked a bunch of processes that i cant go back in and find. im assuming it was in the avg automatic threat removal notifications and logged in there but i cannot find any log after closing it since when it popped up it didnt let me minimize or use any other applications.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:32 PM

It is a false detection by AVG. Installing new graphics drivers

You have to disable antivirus/anti-malware programs while updating or installing new drivers.

#3 simplesimpleton

simplesimpleton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for replying.I already installed the drivers succesfully to my knowledge without disabling AVG but since doing so I've noticed a considerable lagtime on my internet browser.I've primarily been using firefox but I've noticed a 3-5 second delay in any manual interaction with any interface such as moving my cursor to a tab and waiting for the mouse arrow to turn to a finger, typing words in my searchbar,and video playback is very choppy as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users