Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Glitchy Coloured Lines Across Boot Up Screens

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 poonani

poonani

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:43 PM

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Monitor: Acer S220HQL

When I started up my PC this morning I found that the boot up screens had these glitchy green and purple vertical lines across them.

So I tried plugging my monitor into the onboard Intel to see whether my GTX 670 was the issue. After this this I found that upon restarting that the monitor was working, but the boot up screens were skipped entirely, going straight to the Windows opening.

Then I decided to remove the DVI cable and plug the monitor into the Intel via a VGA cable. I booted up and found that the monitor wouldn't turn on. I then tried plugging the DVI cable back into the Intel and found that it, again, displayed 'no signal'.

I plugged the DVI cable back into the GTX 670, restarted the PC and found that the PC froze on a boot up screen, now with these thin green and red lines all across it.

Finally, I restarted the PC by the switch and found that now the monitor turns on, but displays no image--only a black screen.

So, does anyone have an idea as to which piece of hardware the fault might be with?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

Try a different monitor...that should define the problem.

Louis

#3 poonani

poonani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:41 PM

I tried one. Same problems, unfortunately. I'm thinking it may be something like the motherboard now. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users