Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Determining cause of BSOD and Laags

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kshu95

kshu95

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

My computer was recently infected and was extremely laggy and would not boot normally despite several scans and purges from my antivirus stopzilla. Frustrated, I contacted the company and managed to get remote assistance from the company. The technician managed to start up windows normally and ran TDSS killer and Rogue killer, managed to repair the laptop but eventually could not use CCcleaner to clean up startup items. He eventually informed me that my computer was suffering from a Hardware issue; the hard drive is apparently not connected to the right port in a motherboard. I've had three BSOD's in the time period from the infection and now after the repair. Two of them mentioned errors indicating an APC_INDEX_MISMATCH and one indicating Kernel_data_inpage_error.

After this, I myself ran a rogue killer test which says that my antivirus, stopzilla.exe is infected and is malware.

I need help determining whether the hard drive is malfunctioning or if my computer is still infected or both. 
The computer is a Lenovo Ideapad Y480 running on Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) OS with a Intel i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30 GHz with 8.00GB ram, 1 TB HDD. I'm unsure of what logs I need to post or where to find them on my computer. I'd appreciate some help with this as I'm not too sure how long I can access this computer without problems. 

Edited by Orange Blossom, 01 January 2015 - 10:36 PM.
Moved to AII. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users