Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse Touch Pad Not Working. Am I Infected?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GlitchMobile

GlitchMobile

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 PM

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

Win7, intel i3 @ 3.1Ghz, 8GB Ram, 64bit, SP-1,1 TBHD, Kensington Trackball

Found this article to be comparible to what I'm experiencing with my trackball (driver updated).
The curser tends to stick, or hesitate briefly, whenever the track ball has not been moved,
or the if the kepad has not been used for a while.

I have chosen not to update the Service Pack at this time, to avoid compounding
the glitch. (The last time I did such an update (different PC) lost access to viewing youtube videos).
The glitch began soon after updating Firefox and Adobe Flash.

Ran all the mentioned malware and virusware per this posted article, to clear up the curser hesitation. As a result, I cleaned out a slew of trashware, however the hesitant curser movment still persists.

What else can be done, short of restoring the OS to OEM?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 31 December 2014 - 02:27 PM.
split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519820/i-think-am-infected-with-malware-mouse-touch-pad-not-working/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users