Hi Guys, my laptop is croaking (After the 3rd system restore in the past six months). I have some parts laying around from a build I was trying to put together and would love some input on how to finish this off.
To preface, I would like to do some moderate gaming (assassins creed) + the occasional photoshop and multi-tasking and 1080p video-ing. I do not know how to overclock...
Budget wise I am budget conscious. I am hoping to get a descent machine ~$500 (dollars) total. Here's the little bit that I have thus far:
1. Crucial 256GB SATA SSD 6Gb/s (trying to boot from here)
2. BUFFALO MiniStation Stealth 1TB Portable HDD External Hard drive (storing all data here)
3. (2) 1 blu-ray, and 1 non blu-ray disk driver
4. (2) Nvidia GT545DE OEM 1 gig each x 2 = 2 gig total http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-545-oem-gddr5 (use as "SLI"?)
Here's what I'm hoping you gurus may be able to advise me on (which are the most important parts) and provide links for:
1. CPU 2. Motherboard Combo...
3. Case (space is not a constraint but would prefer something not "massive" and be able to contain both cards)
5. Cooling (not sure how to set this up)
6. Power (based on vid card: Maximum graphics card power = 105W)?? No idea how to proceed on this
7. Anything else I may need to order (this is my first build- I won't need a monitor as I plan to hook this to a 50'' plasma)