Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer turns off and restarts but fails after ten hours of use.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SatoshiAaron

SatoshiAaron

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:27 PM

I have been having this problem for about 3 months now. My PC would be fine and would run to how I would expect for hours on end. It now turns off after aprox 10 hours of use and goes back to the motherboards image when the computer first boots. It then goes black again and comes back again. After about this point I wait for it but it just goes black for about a minute. Around this time I would just turn it off by the mains and go and do something else.

Problems I know are not the reason:

-Dodgy PSU (Recently got a new one and still does the same thing)

-Cooling System (Also got a new one and it works really well, but still does the same thing)

-Mains plugs (Not that I would see this doing anything but everything plugged into the same extension lead stays on and works fine.)

Computer Specs:

AMD FX-4350 4-core processor clocking at 3.80Ghz

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 - 2GB

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3

CoolerMaster Hyper EVO 212 (keeps CPU around 20-35 C)

XFX ATX 550 Power Supply - P1550SXXB9

Now I believe it is just where I am on it so long, actually, it's probably obvious this is the problem. But this still shouldn't be happening, right? I know a lot of people who can keep theirs running longer. Now I do believe it is an issue with the CPU, as it isn't the most up-to-date technology and it only has 4 cores, BUT, my motherboard does seem to brag at how it has "HEAT PROTECT" and "POWER SURGE" protect and it makes me wonder if this is making stuff fail. Before I installed the new PSU and cooler I started getting blue screens about 3 days before replacing the PSU and Cooler (Installed them on the same day, 30th). Yestarday morning (5AM) it run fine all night, not one problem. I was so happy to see stuff was working again. But now I just feel like giving up.

So here is my stand at the moment:

Processor isn't in best condition (I have used it non-stop with a stock cooler for long and left it on over nights before) - Probably burning out of just dying

Motherboard (Being to protective, CPUID also says it stays at around 30C 20 minutes after boot and right after boot.

Here is my CPUID after 20 minutes of PC use:

http://arken.org.uk/cpuid.png

Really unsure of what to do now and would love some ideas of what is going on and some suggestions of solving this... Thank you so much for helping.

Edited by SatoshiAaron, 30 December 2014 - 11:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SatoshiAaron

SatoshiAaron
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:47 AM

UPDATE: After 1hr30mins of constant use, 1hr playing COD: WaW and 30 mins browsing the internet

http://arken.org.uk/cpuid2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users