Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Validation.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 toks

toks

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:33 AM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:16 PM

I use WindowsXP with my Compaque computer bought in 2002. Recently, I was given 30 days to activate the windows. The 30 days expired without activation, so my computer is down. I made several attempts to activate before the expiration of 30 days but all efforts were to no avail. I was asked for some numbers to use for the activation but did not have the numbers. Right now, I cannot login. This is the message I am receiving now: WINDOWS PRODUCT ACTIVATION
"This copy of Windows must be activated with Microsoft before you can log on." Please, any suggestion, advice or help will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:21 PM

Microsoft did introduce a program where they would replace a pirated copy of XP if it was unknowingly acquired and you will find the details of that offer at this link. I think the best thing for her to do is to contact Microsoft and they may be able to help her out.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2...7-25WGA1PR.mspx

There is nothing we can do here to help you defeat the authentication of this installation, this would be classified as illegal. I do apologize but this is the rules of this forum.

#3 toks

toks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:55 PM

Thank you very much, THORXP.
I appreciate your response to my problem.
I still have not got my computer windows activated.
I do not get the 25 digits code to use for activation.
And, I don't even know where to get it.
Olu :thumbsup:

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:33 PM

What they are asking for is the Windows Key Number which should be on a sticker either on the side or the back of the computer if it is a name brand computer and would be on the Certificate of Authenticity that came with the retail copy of Windows if you bought it and installed it yourself.

#5 pc-details

pc-details

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:27 PM

There should be a phone number on the package that your Official Windows Software came in. You can call that number and provide the details of the package for them to activate your copy of Windows. If you purchased your computer new from a major manufacturer with Windows pre-installed, then you must contact the manufacturer. Compaq is now owned by Hewlett-Packard. If there is not a phone number in any documentation that came with your computer, find an official HP dealer in your area and ask for their assistance to contact HP. They should be able to track the info down based on the serial numbers of your computer.

Edited by pc-details, 23 June 2006 - 11:32 PM.

#6 toks

toks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:54 AM

Hi Enthusiast, Pc-datails. Thank you very much for your assistance.
I bought the Compaq computer brand new about three or four years ago from Circuit City.
I will check what you recommend to see if I can get the code number.
After the expiration of the first thirty days,
the system shut me down but says if I need to log on again,
I should re-install the copy of my windows.
It allowed me to re-install it but gave me another thirty days to activate.
My son who re-installed for me told me he got the link
he used to re-install from one of his friends.
So now, if I do not get solution to the activation,
I will be shut down again after the expiration of thirty days given.
I think I have 25 days left.
Thank you all for your assistance. I appreciate it very much.
:thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users