Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Message...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:29 PM

For some reason when I boot up my old computer I get the message

Verifying DMI Pool Data...

Remove disks or other media
Press any key to restart

There is no floppy in the floppy drive and no cd in the cd-rom disk does this mean to remove the hardrive??

This is the hardrive that worked before... I had put it into my new computer changed the jumper to slave and hooked it up and formated it... I then decided to put it back in the old computer so I formated it and used the FAT32 system (I am going to install Ubuntu on it). I then took the hardrive out of my new computer changed the jumper to master and hooked it up to my old computer. It is plugged into the end of the IDE cable and the redline is facing the power connector like before...

*Edit* Just tried to boot without the hardrive and getting the no system disk blablabla... so I then hooked it back up and still getting the same prob...

Edited by jgweed, 20 June 2006 - 07:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:57 PM

Do you have a USB device hooked up, MP3 player, camera, flash drive,..? And if you do does your system have USB boot capabilities? In the boot order is the USB ahead of the hard drive?

Edited by acklan, 20 June 2006 - 11:57 PM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:50 PM

Fixed the problem... went into the BIOS and did the auto detect thing... but now I got a linux problem...

I want to install xampp... running Ubuntu... now what happens is that I use firefox in ubuntu and then download the file to the desktop... now I have no idea how to decompress it the way they tell me to and get this thing started...

Edited by Klinkaroo, 21 June 2006 - 02:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users