Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to log in to gmail inbox

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nora10514

Nora10514

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:45 AM

I am stumped by how to access my gmail account using my computer.  I created a new gmail email account using my iphone.  I can see that I have 3 emails in my inbox using my iphone.  these are confirmation emails from google.

However, I cannot access my gmail inbox from my laptop.  When I click on "gmail" from the Google home page I do not go to my gmail inbox, instead I go to my Goggle Account log in page.   From there it seems I can create a gmail email acct.  but I already have one.  when I try to enter the gmail addr I have on iphone, I get a msg that tells me it is already in use.  But all I want to do is use my gmail acct from my computer and compose a new email!. 

Can someone explain to me what is going on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,088 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:34 AM

If you see this page...Gmail - Email from Google.....then choose to sign in not to create an account.

Try signing out using your iphone first. Then delete all cookies from whatever browser you are using.

Now click on Gmail - Email from Google...and choose to sign in.

You can delete all cookies manually or use CCleaner to completely remove all cookies from all browsers

and other locations such as Flash and DOM storage. Just make sure that cookies is selected along with other

default selections. If you will be downloading CCleaner for the first time then be sure to pay close attention

while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars such as Google.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Nora10514

Nora10514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:01 PM

using that link to sign in does not bring me to my inbox.  Instead a get a page that asks me to create a google email addr.   However, I already have one. This is my problem.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,088 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

Did you follow the rest of the instructions I gave? Cookies could be the problem.

Did you sign out of your Gmail using your iphone?

You may need to clean out the caches of the browsers and reboot. Doing all that....signing out of Gmail, deleting ALL cookies and 

cleaning out caches and rebooting will give you a clean slate. Then when you next go to that link sign in using the new

email address and password.

CCleaner will clean out the caches as well as cookies. Just use the default settings but check to make sure cookies are being removed

from all browsers.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 Nora10514

Nora10514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

I am using firebox.  sorry but I do not know how to clean out the cookies.  and from where do I use CClean? 

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,088 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:38 PM

Sign in, sign out, and switch accounts (iPhone & iPad) - Gmail Help

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,088 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:39 PM

Repeat:  

You can delete all cookies manually or use CCleaner to completely remove all cookies from all browsers

and other locations such as Flash and DOM storage. Just make sure that cookies is selected along with other

default selections. If you will be downloading CCleaner for the first time then be sure to pay close attention

while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars such as Google.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

#8 Nora10514

Nora10514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

thanks for your help, but your instructions are not clear to me.  

HOW DO I REMOVE ALL COOKIES MANUALLY?? 

#9 Nora10514

Nora10514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

Ok, I found how to clear cookies and cache from my version of Firefox.   I still have the same problem.

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,088 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

Another sign in page for Gmail....Gmail

#11 Nora10514

Nora10514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:02 PM

I figured it out, thanks for your suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users