Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Code 0x000000d1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 misstrice2u

misstrice2u

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:35 PM

For my past two tries now, whenever i try to connect to a wireless internet connection other than the one i use at home, i get this blue screen that says Driver_Irql_not_less_or_equal. the first time i tried to use it this happened, but when i came home i was fine. I can remember Norton popping up and asking me all these firewall questions; next thing i know my screen turns blue. Same thing happened when i tried to use the wireless connection at my school except for i came home and i got the same message when i plug my wireless card in. The wireless card that im using is Netgear WG511 v.2, and it says its a problem with this on the blue screen (wg511v2.sys). I know it has something to do with the netgear application, because when i tried to put the network name in i soon after got the screen. Funny thing is i cannot change anything with the Netgear when the wireless card isnt in, and whenever the card is in my computer, the blue screen comes up. my computer is fine otherwise. The entire code from my blue screen was 0x000000D1 0x00000002 0x00000001 0xEEEE9A23, a code i have yet to see posted. can u help me please?? i dont have any computer experience so please be gentle

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

See if the following MS Knowledgebase article applies:
You receive a "STOP 0x000000D1" error message on your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based portable computer

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=888399

#3 misstrice2u

misstrice2u
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:57 PM

thank its worth a try...it sounds like i have to update a driver so that might mean i have to be internet connected on that computer, and whenever i insert my wireless card into the computer the blue screen appears within 10 seconds, meaning i cant get online at all

Edited by misstrice2u, 20 June 2006 - 06:58 PM.

#4 misstrice2u

misstrice2u
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:32 PM

i dont know if this changes anything but when i attempted to run the computer in safe mode and try to change netgear the STOP code was a little different :
0x000000D1 0X00000002 0X00000001 0XF8F8BA23
same problem with the wg511v2.sys address F8F8BA23 base at F8F85000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users