Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Website visits

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

Recently, I wanted to check my profile info on my mail carrier and started messing around with different locations. I stumbled on to a row and of boxes, each filled with a website name and the subject and in suddenly dawned on me that this represents the major portions, subject matter wise,  of what I am receiving on my e-mail and spam, both. I went back to try to find this again, and for some reason, I can't do it. I invite your input. Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 30 December 2014 - 02:13 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Web Browsing/Email - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,898 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:35 AM

Who/what is the client used for email?

Louis

#3 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

Yahoo

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,898 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:12 PM

Sounds to me as if your "issue"/questions should be asked of those who run Yahoo's email function.

Louis

#5 Robert Sukovich

Robert Sukovich
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 357 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 05:42 PM

Not the answer I hoped for. Thanks for your "help" anyhow. Have you ever tried to contact Yahoo and get an answer from them?

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,336 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

To answer your question "Have you ever tried to contact Yahoo and get an answer from them?" Yes I have, several times, and gotten helpful replies.

It's been a while and I no longer have a Yahoo account. But what it sounds like is you're working with mail filters. Take a look here: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/filters-yahoo-mail-sln15994.html?impressions=true

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 992 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 31 December 2014 - 02:25 AM

Not the answer I hoped for. Thanks for your "help" anyhow. Have you ever tried to contact Yahoo and get an answer from them?

Difficult to find, but try navigating through the Yahoo site and look for a way to contact Yahoo through their CHAT feature.

Yahoo main page:  Find at the bottom, a set of small-type hyperlinks, and click the help link.

This is that page for help:  https://help.yahoo.com/kb/helpcentral

Find near the top, a hyperlink to get on-line assistance.

Edited by cafejose, 31 December 2014 - 02:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users