Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet web access

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fnoonan136

fnoonan136

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:24 PM

I am new to this and only have what I hope is a simple solution. when initiating internet expolorer, I get the initial web page but it will not load all contents. I have run many virus applications and even turned off the firewall and it still will not load all the contents . this just recently started happening and I am at a loss as to how to correct it. Sites like AOL.com wont even load but if I click on a web page such as ask.com or yahoo.com I get the front page only and cannot access anything on the page. it comes up wth an error "can not access page".

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

Sounds like a DNS issue.

Click on the network icon in the lower right in the task bar, then click Open Network and Sharing Center. In the new window, click on the link for your local area network. In the lower left, click Properties. Select ICP/IPv4 and click Properties in the lower right. Make sure you are set to automatically obtain your IP address and DNS server info.

If you have configured your computer to use static addressing, make sure your IP address is correct and that you are using a proper DNS server. If you already have one configured, it's probably not working well. Try changing it to 8.8.8.8, which is Google's public DNS server address, and see if that solves the issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users