Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tweaking.com Technician's Toolbox beta released. Dev looking for feedback

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

Shane of Tweaking.com has created a new program called the Technician's Toolbox and is looking for feedback from our community. This program is currently in beta and should only be used on on machines that you feel comfortable using software that may contains bugs or cause problems.

At this time the beta is available only till January 15th, but if anyone is interested, below is the full text of what Shane posted on his site:

Well after 4 months of coding and a lot of all nighters the program is now ready for beta testing!

The beta will stop working after Jan 2015, so test it out.

I ask that if you beta test you let me know your thoughts, comments, any bugs you find or any ideas you may have.

The help file is currently not done. With so many changes that I have made I had to keep going back to replace the screen shots in the help file and change the text. So I stopped until the program is finished and then I will finish the help file.

If you want to help me write the help file just let me know! Writing a help file is not something I enjoy :tongue:

Enjoy!

http://tweaking.com/files/Tweaking.com-Technicians_Toolbox-Beta1.zip

Shane

technicans-toolbox.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hoverdave

hoverdave

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:37 AM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that link only works if you're logged into the site? For me, it just gives me the latest program updates page. Anyway, glad they're working on that software. Something I'd definitely use/beta.

#3 surfsys

surfsys

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 PM

Posted 29 December 2014 - 01:21 PM

I get the same (updates) page whether i click or right-click to 'save link as...'

#4 smc1979

smc1979

Tweaking.com Representative

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

Hotlinking is blocked on the site, so just copy and paste the link in the address bar and it will work ;-)

#5 MrCharlie

MrCharlie

• Security Colleague
  • 174 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:16 PM

Hotlinking is blocked on the site, so just copy and paste the link in the address bar and it will work ;-)

That worked for me!

#6 smc1979

smc1979

Tweaking.com Representative

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:29 AM

Beta updated to 1.1 (Program is still version 1.0.0 but the beta is 1.1)

Few bug fixes and updates as per user feedback from the main forum thread on my site.

Simply download from the same download link to get the new files and replace the ones you already have :-)

-Shane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users