Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop restarts with bluescreen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scatsishjk

scatsishjk

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:22 AM

Hi I recently was trying to setup a laptop as a wifi hotspot so as to be able to use my phone on wifi.

I stumbled upon the following link

"http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Set-Up-a-Wireless-Hotspot-Windows-7/step1/Step-1-Enabling-the-Microsoft-Virtual-WiFi-Minipor/

which asks to setup the following command

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Hotspot key=PasswordkeyUsage=persistent

when I tried this I ended up with a blue screen and everytime I start the laptop would again go to bluescreen just before entering the windows login credentials. Luckily the problem was fixed when I performed a system restore to a previous stored point. 

Can anyone help me as to what was my mistake and also if there is any other safer way to do the same.

Thanks in advance

Edited by hamluis, 29 December 2014 - 01:24 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 AM

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:40 AM

Were you able to see what was on the bluescreen before it rebooted?  

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 scatsishjk

scatsishjk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:52 AM

unfortunately I couldn't take a screen shot of the blue screen :(... and I am no longer around that laptop either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users