Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP-h8-1414 3 graphics cards, 2 motherboards HELP!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GumbiRock

GumbiRock

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

Sorry if this is the incorrect place to make such a post but I am new and unaware. I have an HP-H8-1414 envy desktop that has been nothing but trouble. The computer was purchased in 2012 with everything upgraded inside from and at Best Buy. I have been through 3 graphics cards that have failed and am currently having the 3rd motherboard put into the computer via GeekSquad. I know now that they give terrible service but I am still under their coverage and will take advantage of th e replacements and service. My protection runs out tomorrow and I will not be renewing it. I have had my computer at geek squad at least 10 times within 2 years with various symptoms. Is there anything that can make a computer be a lemon? This was a gift from my father who upgraded everything inside this thing that he could which cost him over $3000.00, to have this much trouble with it is blowing my mind. Please help with suggestions, advice, similar stories, etc. I need this for school and enjoy having it for gaming and movie watching. I have a little more than basic computer knowledge and am currently taking courses topwards a Computer Science degree so any help is helpful. I have all my sheets from GeekSquad and can provide much more information upon request. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:33 AM

The majority of computer failures is due to heat. If you are using a stock case that only has 1 or 2 fans, you might consider upgrading the computer case to something with more airflow. With powerful video cards, there is more heat than with an average card.

Do you know the brand power supply and what is the total wattage?

HP has one of the highest failure rates for motherboards from what I saw in retail. If the board failed again, I would replace it with a decent ASUS mainboard and find a way to add fans to your case if possible or replace the case with an after market.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users