Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 not recognizing all audio options?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:12 PM

Hi,

Not sure this belongs here or under Internal hardware? (I'll start here, anyone thinks it needs to be elsewhere please transfer.)

I've just recently purchased a Gigabyte Motherboard (GA-EP45-UD3P) to replace what I thought was a broken ASUS motherboard but appearently it was just the power supply.

I like the options with the Gigabyte and therefore would like to keep using it.

I've just installed Windows 7 on a SSD. However, the Toslink and Analog audio options are not being recognized by Windows 7, no matter what I do.

The only option recognized is the HDMI to my flat panel TV, which provides sound through the TV and which sucks because it's not my 5.1 surround through my receiver!

I've downloaded Realtek drivers (from Realtek) and installed, no change? I've updated the MSI video card drivers which include audio drivers, still no change?

I've disconnected the HDMI hoping Windows would be forced to recognize the other options, not luck!

Windows/answers only suggested doing what I've already done and described above.

Gigabyte wants info off the motherboard that I'd have to take my PC completely apart to get in order to submit a support ticket.

(Update, I did get a support ticket sent off to them, hopefully they can help too).

So, I'm desperate to figure out what's wrong here and what I can do to straighten it out.

Anyone? Thanks!

John

Here is a Speccy link: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/YChRtHMIYlsa1NWUcwlLvF8

Edited by hamluis, 28 December 2014 - 04:45 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

Seems to me that the intelligent thing to do is to RMA the board and not do anything that might possibly invalidate or circumvent the warranty.

Louis

#3 zingo156

zingo156

• BC Advisor
  • 3,333 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:51 AM

You might check under playback devices for any issues, you might have to set it to show hidden or disabled devices. Right click on the sound icon near your clock (bottom right start menu), then select "playback devices", in the new "sound" window, right click in the open space where speakers or hdmi sound devices are shown and put a checkmark in both "show disabled devices" and "show disconneced devices". You might have to set the analogue device as default for the sound to work through a 3.5mm jack as oposed to the HDMI output which may currently be set to default. If you do not see any new options, you may have a hardware problem, or you might still be missing a driver.

To check if you are missing a driver, click on your start button, in the "search programs and files" box, type: device manager and hit enter. Check in the new window for any yellow ! or ? marks. If you have any ! or ? marks, let us know any details about those.

Edited by zingo156, 29 December 2014 - 03:26 PM.

If I am helping you with a problem and I have not responded within 48 hours please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users