Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Connectivity

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 acer123

acer123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:00 PM

hi

so i installed vista and tried to get my wireless network going.. I have been able to connect to the network but have not been able to get an ip address and surf the net. Is this problem vista related to something wrong with my network (ie. no more available ip addresses? currently there are 2 other comps on the network and they all are connected)

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:29 PM

What computer do you own?
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:28 PM

Wireless configuration was a breeze for me - it did it all for me. Both at assorted hotspots and on my home network.

Are you using any customized settings on the router or the PC? Vista wasn't able to recognize a static IP when I installed it on my desktop as an upgrade to XP.

It's recommended that you install using default settings and then customize as needed
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users