Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 recon41

recon41

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:34 AM

Why does XP repeatedly make restore points re: my HP PrinterAttached File  SYSTEM RESTORE.bmp.jpg   111.57KB   0 downloadsAttached File  SYSTEM RESTORE.bmp.jpg   111.57KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:28 PM

Sorry I cannot read your screenshots.

By design System Restore runs in the background and when monitoring is enabled, will automatically create a new restore point every 24 hours (system checkpoints) or in some cases, when a program is installed or making configuration changes before the changes occur.

If you use the computer frequently, it may have restore points almost every day, and some days might have several restore points. The actual number of saved restore points depends on how much computer activity there is, the size of the hard disk, and how much disk space has been allocated on your computer to store System Restore information. When the allotted disk space is reached the oldest restore point will be purged on a first in first out (FIFO) basis. Otherwise, restore points over 90 days are purged automatically in order to keep the volume's usage within the specified amount. All restore points will eventually be deleted after the time specified in the RPLifeInterval registry setting is reached or earlier if allotted disk space is insufficient so it is not possible to create a permanent restore point.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 recon41

recon41
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

Sorry for the delay in responding, but my PC time is rather limited. This was my first experience in screen printing and I underestimated the size. Try this, please.Attached File  10X3.jpg   67.23KB   0 downloadsAttached File  10X3.jpg   67.23KB   0 downloads

#4 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,857 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

Maybe this will help:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/14738/inserting-an-image-within-a-post/

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users