Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not uninstall Dell V715w driver

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chevelle67

chevelle67

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

I was going thru my programs and saw that I still have Dell V715w driver in my HP Pavilion p7-1174 PC with Windows 7. The Printer has been disconnected for 6 months. When I try to uninstall it states the printer "is currently in use". It isn't connected. How do I convince the computer the printer is not in use so I can uninstall the driver? Chevelle67

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:32 PM

See if the following works for you.

Uninstall any Dell driver in Control Panel > Uninstall Programs

Go to Devices and Printers. Right Click on the Dell Printer and select Remove. Edit: If that fails, do this in Safe Mode

Click on the Micosoft XPS document writer. In the menu bar select "Print Server Properties". Under the drivers tab select any dell printer driver and Remove.

PrinterSrv2.png

PrinterSrv3.png

Edited by JohnC_21, 27 December 2014 - 10:52 PM.

#3 chevelle67

chevelle67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

Weird. When I went into Safe Mode I was able to delete the program. In safe mode I was not able to get the same display of devices in "printer and Devices" so I could not remove the program from "printer server properties". When I did a restart the program is not showing up on the Remove Program page but then when I do "printer server properties" the driver is there and it continues to state that it can not be removed because it is currently in use. Any more ideas? Chevelle67

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,017 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:07 AM

Double click the printer. A window will open. If you see any documents, select Printer > Cancel all documents. Then Right click the printer and remove it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users