Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with wireless adapter etc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JSTJ704

JSTJ704

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

I have a sony Vaio VPCJ111FX my computer came from the factory with smart wifi built in and Atheros AR9285 wireless network adapter and microsoft virutral wifi adapter because I'am using Virtual router plus to connect my sons Ipod he got for xmas.My keyboard and mouse is wireless. I have no router I only have had only have had one computer. How do I get my atheros to connect do I share it with my local connection?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

Are you trying to share your connection? Or connect your wireless adapter to the internet?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 JSTJ704

JSTJ704
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:52 PM

I would like to get my Atheros AR9285 wireless network adapter to connect to to the internet I'am not sure if it's just for say there a wireless sigal around I can connect to I would you that? i'am not sure. or do I use my local area connection somehow and share it with Atheros AR9285 wireless network adapter to make a connection not sure. Bit I have downloaded virtural router plus program and can use it.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:13 PM

To connect your Wireless adapter to the internet you need a Wireless router. How does the laptop connect to the internet now?

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 JSTJ704

JSTJ704
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:44 PM

my desktop is pluged in right to the modem ISP modem yeah I gotta get a router. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users