Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP ! - Blinking / Flickering Laptop screen ? Really weird .

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tori770

tori770

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:03 PM

So I have an ASUS Ultrabook 14 Touchscreen laptop using windows new interface. I did not update to Windows 8.1 it's still , I believe , Windows 7.

A couple months ago , the thing started to blink / flicker . It would flash a black screen once and awhile and it happens more often at full battery.

The weird part is , on certain websites it starts to blink more frequently , I'm just trying to finish a paper and my eyes are aching !

I have tried resetting incase of virus , but I'm sure it's not a virus.

I have a little brother and he steps on it if I put it on the couch and It has dropped , plenty of times .

( I know right ? Five star care totally .)

If blinks nonstop (like a strobe-light) , I plug in the charger and for some reason it stops for awhile. < I use this method until it starts blinking again (If I unplug it goes CRAZY) then I turn it off.

I'm super confused and did not buy a warranty so I can't return for a new one , I bought this laptop earlier in Feb. Is there anyway I can get this fixed ? Or is there a source to this issue I can get rid of ?

I apologize if my post is hard to follow .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

sounds like the little connector that connects the laptop motherboard to the screen itself is going bad (have had this happen before) Tell me, is this laptop still under warranty?

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 tori770

tori770
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:07 AM

It was a 30 day warranty , so no . I really should of bought an extension. Also , what little connector thing ? Can I buy a new one to replace?

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 29 December 2014 - 12:12 AM

you maybe able to find a old, non functioning laptop on ebay you could part out for it. You may simply try removing the screen and double check the connection to make sure its not loose, its not hard-usually a couple screws on the plastic belvel on the around the screen, and then 4-6 screws around the frame holding in the screen. If you google your exact model number, there are often youtube videos describing the exact process for your laptop.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users