Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Connections are Available" but no networks listed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 texasrex

texasrex

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

I'm having an issue with my laptop's wifi. I've had it for over a year with no problems, and it was working fine this morning, but now it is having connection problems. This is what it says there are connections available but no connections are listed in the network connectivity box in the right-hand corner of the screen.

I updated the drivers.

I tried resetting the router and modem.

I restored my computer to a previous date when the wifi was working.

I made sure that the wireless functionality is set to "on" on my hotkey switch.

When I troubleshoot the problem in WIndows it says there's a problem with the adapter or the access point. 

When I go into Network and Sharing and click on "Full Map" on the network at the top and view the wireless connection, it says "The adapter is not connected."

I can connect to wireless with my phone and iPad, but not my computer.

However, I'm using a wired connection and it works.

My specs are Windows 7 64 bit

16GB RAM

i7 Processor

Network adapter is a Realtek RTL8723ae with newly updated drivers.

I don't know what's wrong - if it's the network or the hardware - and it's really pissing me off.

Attached File  Connections.png   7.52KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Computer.png   79.03KB   0 downloads

Edited by texasrex, 26 December 2014 - 06:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:51 PM

Go into device manager, uninstall the wireless card. DO NOT check the delete the drivers check box,  and reboot. 

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users