Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Deskjet 6540

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TxTrapper

TxTrapper

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:38 AM

I'm running Windows7 do you think HP support can help solve thiis? I used the HP Deskjet on the previous Windows 7 installation.  I understand that drivers are on Windows 7 for this device.

The Operating System on this computer is not supported. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved.

Current OS: 601

Supported: Windows98, WindowsME, Windows2000, WindowsXP

Action Required: Click Cancel to exit this software installation. Install this product on a computer that is running one of the supported Microsoft operating systems or refer to your computer's documentation for information on upgrading your computer's operating system.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:12 AM

I would uninstall the HP driver software in Uninstall Programs. After the uninstall go to your image above and click the fax icon. In the menu bar select Print Server Properties and under the Driver tab remove anything related to your HP printer.

See if you can do the install again through windows.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 PM

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

Try as above by JohnC, (uninstall & reinstall  with the CD) or visit the HP site linked below -

HP Deskjet 6540 Drivers << Drivers should be available from this link

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users