If you are using the System Recovery partition to reinstall the operating system the partition may have been compromised some how.
If you can not use the recovery partition you can download a ISO image which can be burned to a disc to create an installation disc. Click on the version below which matches yours and download the file.
How to burn ISO image using Windows Burn Disk Image.
Notice: This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.
1. Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.
2. After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.
3. When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane. Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it. Click on Burn Disk Image.
4. In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use. Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn. Click on burn.
5. In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.
6. After the image has completed being burned click on Close.
Please note: In order to boot from this DVD you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.
You will need to go to the manufacturer's website and download the drivers which will need to be installed.