Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware/Adware from Enigma Software

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Connexion

Connexion

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:52 AM

I have 'acquired' both Spyhunter4 and Reghunter programs as sent out by Enigma Software.  Spyhunter does not have any functioning uninstall procedures.  I have gone through the usual routine of 'Programs & Features' to look for Spyhunter4 in the hard drive.  Nothing there.  So I went through the process of the search feature, entered 'regedit', went through using 'Ctrl' & 'F' keys to load up the registry editor's search box and found both Enigma Software and Spyhunter4 entries.  Right clicked the registry entries and hit 'delete' for each but doing them seperately.

I hoped that that had cleared the annoying opening pages that start going through the all the installed software. No, still it appears on boot up or even after a delay of using the PC.

My question is 'Where do I go next to eliminate this annoying and persistent piece of useless software'? I do not want to directly contact Enigma Software as I fear that in doing so that website will just reload more useless and damaging software into my PC.

My call to the Forum is 'mayday, mayday'.

Regards and a happy New Year.

Connexion.

Edited by hamluis, 26 December 2014 - 01:16 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Connexion

Connexion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:59 AM

Thank you for your suggestions.  As mentioned in my original submission I have tried to use the usual methods of deletion but they have not worked.  I also mentioned that I have deleted 2 programs from my registry.  Still the site is there on booting up or after non use of the PC for some time.

There is mention of GRUB4Dos loader - can you advise on the removal of that, please.

I will not re-load the Enigma programs as after my experience of it having been 'dumped' onto my computer (I have never attempted to willingly download the Enigma software - I had no reason to do so!) that if I did so I would just be making more problems than it solves - it did not work when I originally tried the conventional uninstall methods!

So, I repeat my request - mayday, mayday.

Best regards,

Connexion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users