Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

what cheap pc intel g530 or e7200 ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:24 AM

good morning and merry christmas to all

please, i need your kind advice on a cheap pc i am trying to build for my young cousin  who is twenty one and need something better than his old parent's leo pentium 2.6 pc (no hyper threading)

unfortunately our budget is very limited and we have to look only for those two pcs's

used fujitsu siemens esprimo p5720 (cpu intel e7200, 2 gb ddr2, 160 gb hd, dvd writer)

euros 125 - perfect condtion with six month warranty

intel g530 cpu with brand new parts (asus motherboard p8h61-mle , ddr3 2 gb ram, wd 250 hd, samsung dvd writer, xilense 350 watts psw, asus vento mid tower, for euros 250

i have the same celeron pc as above which cost me almost 440 euros two years ago

i think that the overall performance of both the pc's would be the same and we have to look to other factors like hd capacity for our final decision 

my cousin want to run anything like photoshop, virtual dj, fl studio

many thanks in advance

merry christmas to all

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

I would go with the second choice. It is a slightly newer CPU, newer RAM, etc. It also allows for some upgrading in the future, like adding RAM since it is DDR3.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

#3 Guest_nickko_*

Guest_nickko_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

hi dear DeimosChaos

i thank you for your kind reply

yes !!!!!!!! you have absolute right about all you have said

....the person who sell esprimo pc now is asking for euros 95 and the price matter now

the final decision is on my cousin

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users