Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: Need a new tablet for training presentations

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shrice

shrice

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:45 PM

My budget for the new tablet is:

Up to $1000

What are the primary uses for this tablet (IE: email, web browsing, playing games, etc)?

Running PowerPoint, email, very little web browsing

What Operating System are you used to or would prefer if any (leave blank if you're unsure)? 

Currently running Win7, reluctant to move to Win8 but willing to go to Android to get what I want.

How big of a screen would you want? 

Up to 13 in.

Will this tablet be for college, work, home etc?

Work

Do you want to be able to do two things at once, or one thing at a time?

Mostly, one thing at a time.

Do you want USB ports to plugin flash drives?

Yes, and I also need HDMI for the projector.

Thanks for any advice you have.  Shel

Edited by shrice, 25 December 2014 - 08:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

Take a look at Microsoft Surface pro tablets. It fits your budget, it's powerful, it has USB ports and a DisplayPort.

#3 shrice

shrice
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:37 PM

Thanks, Digital, for that opinion.  I have been leaning in that direction myself.  I'm thinking that the best plan might be to wait for Win10 (or whatever it's called) with the new browser (whatever that's called) and then go for it for a Surface Pro.  The old VIAO is past it's best-before date.  Cheers, Shel

#4 Digital_Veil

Digital_Veil

• Members
  • 259 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:27 AM

Thanks, Digital, for that opinion.  I have been leaning in that direction myself.  I'm thinking that the best plan might be to wait for Win10 (or whatever it's called) with the new browser (whatever that's called) and then go for it for a Surface Pro.  The old VIAO is past it's best-before date.  Cheers, Shel

Ah alright. Keep in mind the Windows 10 official release will take quite some time(several months) and new better tablets might emerge.

#5 Patricia Williamson

Patricia Williamson

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:10 AM

You can go with the Microsoft windows tablets which supports all kinds of application like Web browsing, Game playing , Microsoft office, Powerpoint and Onenote and It's price is under $1000.

#6 DAVID SHELDON

DAVID SHELDON

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:41 PM

according to your requirement you have to go for Microsoft windows tablets http://windows.microsoft.com/.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users