Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen and this message.........

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vickit12

vickit12

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

Attention! Your computer was attacked by virus-encoder. Your files are encrypted cryptographically strong,without the original key recovery is impossible. To get the decoder and the original key, you need to write to us at the email decode@india.com with the subject "encryption" stating your id. Do not waste your and our time on empty threats. Responses to letters only appropriate people are not adequate ignore. 

I'm not even sure what this means the English is so bad. Has anyone had this before and know what I need to do?

I have WindowsXP and I just use the computer basically for my personal use. I don't know that I really have any files on here that I couldn't live without. My pictures are in the cloud so If I need to do a restore, I can do that. I just don't know what to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:26 PM

I think this is a form of ransomware. If you can restart the PC boot into safe mode with networking and download malwarebytes and do a scan to remove it. I would also try a free program called hitman pro as that can remove malware and viruses.

Edited by Miguel_92, 25 December 2014 - 08:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users