Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video card driver

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 crzywolf

crzywolf

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

i have a older acer aspire 3000 with a 40gb hd & the xp os. i upgraded to a 100gb fujitsu hd & win7. having prob w. program color adj. told by t.shooting prog. that prob is video card driver. online acer says they have no data on the model or serial #. the chat line will not respond. help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:29 AM

Did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor?

If you haven't, you should.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 crzywolf

crzywolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

did not know it existed. ran it ," win. aero card needs new driver, go to mfgr." acer still does not accept model , serial # , or snid #. win. comm. support has others w. same prob. overall answer "tuff luck, live with it, or get a new one" am ret. & cannot  - $ - . thanks for the try. if i had known about it 1st, i would not be sitting here crying in my beer. oh well

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 12,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

Unfortunately the Aspire 3000 has the very mediocre SiS Mirage video which cannot support Aero and is really only suitable for the older OS like XP

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 crzywolf

crzywolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:44 PM

are there upgrades/swapouts available ? if so, what do i get & where ?

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,603 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

I can't say for sure if this will work. Create a Restore Point first and also create a bootable Windows System Repair Disk if you do not have the Windows 7 install disk.

Click on the hard drive icon here and provide a junk email address. The driver is from ECS.

I don't think you can get any upgrades for that computer as it's a laptop and because of it's age.

Edited by JohnC_21, 26 December 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,736 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

Try turning off "Aero" I have it turned off off on all my machines and laptops, it is pretty but also pretty useless just eye candy!

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users