Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

video card driver

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 crzywolf

crzywolf

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 AM

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

i have a older acer aspire 3000 with a 40gb hd & the xp os. i upgraded to a 100gb fujitsu hd & win7. having prob w. program color adj. told by t.shooting prog. that prob is video card driver. online acer says they have no data on the model or serial #. the chat line will not respond. help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:29 AM

Did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor?

If you haven't, you should.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 crzywolf

crzywolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:08 PM

did not know it existed. ran it ," win. aero card needs new driver, go to mfgr." acer still does not accept model , serial # , or snid #. win. comm. support has others w. same prob. overall answer "tuff luck, live with it, or get a new one" am ret. & cannot  - $ - . thanks for the try. if i had known about it 1st, i would not be sitting here crying in my beer. oh well

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:18 PM

Unfortunately the Aspire 3000 has the very mediocre SiS Mirage video which cannot support Aero and is really only suitable for the older OS like XP

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 crzywolf

crzywolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:44 PM

are there upgrades/swapouts available ? if so, what do i get & where ?

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,282 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

I can't say for sure if this will work. Create a Restore Point first and also create a bootable Windows System Repair Disk if you do not have the Windows 7 install disk.

Click on the hard drive icon here and provide a junk email address. The driver is from ECS.

I don't think you can get any upgrades for that computer as it's a laptop and because of it's age.

Edited by JohnC_21, 26 December 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 AM

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

Try turning off "Aero" I have it turned off off on all my machines and laptops, it is pretty but also pretty useless just eye candy!

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users