Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tips on improving Windows XP's load limits / what's better for YouTube

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rhino1366

rhino1366

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:12 PM

Hello, Bleeping Computer team and the forums!
Happy new upcoming year of 2015! Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas!

So.....

I have a Windows XP, SP3 32-bit.

The computer's processor is a single-core AMD Sempron (mainly, for 2D tasks); clock speeds are 2.0 GHz.

..a standard motherboard.

RAM is on 1 GB.

The graphics are a GeForce 6150SE plus.

My query:

Computer, after loading my OS, goes load picks very-very often. After work with documents, or when a two browser windows are open (with, at least, 5 or 6 tabs each), it "stabs and glitches" so often, that I can't do anything further for ~2 mins.; waiting for my Start menu to load out takes at least 20 sec. Suches are very obsessive and hanging about 30% of my computer-woking day. Gaming take place at a late night... thanks for my SWAT 4, so relaxing! :D

.....so, the computer experts say it's mainly, or, all about the hard disk's cache file, which one's is usually takes aprox. 1.0 GB of space.

My today's thoughs were, what if there's an expert way of tuning the computer / an OS such way, that it won't reach a peak loading states? To improve such way, that the situations of those won't be able to occure.
A more of tuning a computer into console or a mobile phone state.

For example: an anti-virus is loaded, two browser windows with tabs, and a huge text document; whoa - the RAM is now loaded at aprox. 600 MBytes, only few space left on moving a mouse, resizing or opening few more windows. So, I am now hitting a hide all windows button - the operation make a response after one main HDD stab and 20 more seconds of "erring".

..how to avoid that? How to make computer stealthy, smooth and better responsive?

Or, if I'm YouTubing - if something interrupts my cinema hours (with an anti-virus software updates, or something), what should I do? :-(
The main query is: how to avoid Windows XP / any other, more updated Microsoft OS to reach peak loads? It's like, it would never go up the top for a 100% load... only 80-95% and down, 95% and down again... so that the YouTube videos (or any other) won't ever stab and hang with sound drops. :-) ..and the video playbacks are smooth.

Thanks in advance!

Waiting on "helpful" informative responses.
-Piotr K
Capital City of Kiev, Ukraine; Eastern Europe.

Edited by rhino1366, 25 December 2014 - 05:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:27 PM

Add more RAM...or get a more recent system with resources capable of doing whatever it is that you like.

The hardware in that system...was designed for capabilities that have long been exceeded by the demands placed on computers today.

Running Windows with 1GB of the slowest RAM available today...is a recipe for frustration in 2015, IMO.

Louis

#3 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:48 PM

Yes, Louis, but the HDD's cache file... what about this? :-)

...plus, a 1 GB of RAM is pretty much enouph for an XP and is hardly possible to be related to these YouTube video "stab" interruptions.

...as mentioned, my goal is to make my system never reach a "100% load peaks".

Edited by rhino1366, 25 December 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#4 rhino1366

rhino1366
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

Louis, where are you?

.....I'm listening Enigma tracks, loudly, on a TV night audio relaxation channel. :D

What is your Skype?.. let's make contact!

Mine is jaguar2492 .......... add me, if you have time right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users