Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infostealer?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jenisgoingnuts

jenisgoingnuts

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:04 AM

AOL's Safety and Security program picked up a trojan called "Infostealer". I blocked and deleted the program but it kept on resurfacing as AOL kept on blocking it. I noticed this trojan kept on trying to get me to enable autocomplete. I left the office with this trojan on my mind wondering how I was going to get rid of it.

I googled infostealer and about a zillion variations of it came up. AOL is only detecting it as "InfoStealer" nothing more. I have no trouble finding the variations of this Trojan. I'm just not finding anything on "InfoStealer" alone.

I found a website: http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pe...px?id=453098577

which shows I guess where it can be found in the registry and what not. Well I looked and cannot for the life of me find anything.

I want this gone from my computer and I feel I've exhausted all of my avenues. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 20 June 2006 - 11:10 AM

I would recommend following the Preparation Guide to posting a High Jack This log. If you follow the instuctions in the Preparation Guide faithfully then your computer may be cleaned. However, rarely is a computer infected with only one thing, and it is possible that some of them will not get removed using this method.

If after completing all of the steps in the Preparation Guide you continue to have issues, post a HJT log as instructed in the Preparation Guide.

PREPARATION GUIDE

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users