Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

new computer shuts down after 3 seconds

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thepromark

thepromark

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

Hello,
recently I bought a new computer here are the details:

Intel Core i5 4460 3.1Ghz (3.3Ghz Turbo) LGA1150 Tray
Arctic Cooling Alpine 11 Rev. 2
Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 for 1150
Lancool PC-K65B + Seasonic 600W
SAMSUNG DDR3 8GB 1600
Gigabyte GTX970 WF3 4GB
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB SATA3
Crucial M500 120GB SSD 2.5 Inch

now, when im turning the computer on,after 3-4 seconds its turned off. 
I have no idea why its like that. the motherboard supports my processor and I dont think there is a problem with my power supply. I heard that 600W is enough for the GTX 970. can you guys help me? what can be the problem? thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TechArrow

TechArrow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:45 PM

Does the computer post? I remember my computer started for 2 seconds, then it shutdown because I forgot to plug in the CPU power.

#3 thepromark

thepromark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

Does the computer post? I remember my computer started for 2 seconds, then it shutdown because I forgot to plug in the CPU power.

what do you mean " post  " ? sorry bro my english is good but not that good haha

and the cpu power is plugged in bro.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

recently I bought a new computer

How recently is recently ?  Judging by your time zone you live in the East of Europe. If you live in the EU you have certain consumer rights guarranteed by EU law. Even if you don't live in the EU I would be inclined to take this straight back to my supplier and complain - politely at first.

You bought a new computer, you are entitled to expect it to work. It may be that some software change you have made has caused a conflict, but with a new computer my first course of action would be to contact the supplier.

Whatever you do - do not open the case or otherwise break any seals before you speak to your supplier as this is likely to void any warranty you may have.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 thepromark

thepromark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:15 AM

recently I bought a new computer

How recently is recently ?  Judging by your time zone you live in the East of Europe. If you live in the EU you have certain consumer rights guarranteed by EU law. Even if you don't live in the EU I would be inclined to take this straight back to my supplier and complain - politely at first.

You bought a new computer, you are entitled to expect it to work. It may be that some software change you have made has caused a conflict, but with a new computer my first course of action would be to contact the supplier.

Whatever you do - do not open the case or otherwise break any seals before you speak to your supplier as this is likely to void any warranty you may have.

Chris Cosgrove

Im from Israel bro. any I have a warranty for couple of years on the proccesor,graphic card,etc.

recently is like 5 days ago bro. maybe I didnt bulid the computer the right way?

anyway,right now I gave it to someone I know to try and fix it and If he wouldnt fix it than ill return it to the main store where I bought it from

#6 vcolev

vcolev

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

It sounds like something is over heating. Probably the CPU just double check everything is securely fastened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users