Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual boot Dual hard drive Dual OS questions..

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dmkc1207

dmkc1207

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

..Hey gang..built my daughter a system for Xmas which is not going to be 100% I guess, but close..I built a dual-hard drive system one for the kids and one for her to do graphics work..I installed a spinner sata with Win 7 for kids and an SSD with Win 8.1 for her..installed 7 first and then 8 and things were fine, Win 8 would give me a nice screen asking me which OS I wanted to boot to.. but then the spinner started blue screening and grinding so I changed the hd and of course it screwed my boot up and I don't know alot about mbr's and that kind of thing but downloaded EasyBCD and was able to fumble my way through it to luckily get Win 8 back but here's my problem..When I shut down in Win 7 everything is fine as when I start it up I get a bios like screen asking me which OS I want to boot to..but when I shut down in Win 8 it automatically boots back to Win 8 without asking...I have to "restart" to get to the OS choice screen..I don't want to go messing around much further here without some direction as googling my way around miraculously saved me the first time but this problem is a little too convoluted to try and research on my own...Any suggestions greatly appreciated..merry xmas all!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users