Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help with Computer Crashing PLEASE!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SKATEnuggit

SKATEnuggit

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:04 PM

System Specs.

Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0

AMD fx 8350

G. Skill Ripjaws 8gb memory 2 4gb sticks

Sapphire r9 290 Vapor-X

Corsair cs750m power supply

Kingston 120 SSD

WD Blue 1 terabyte HDD

Seagate 2 terabyte HDD

Cooler Master Nepton 140 Cpu cooler

I built my computer a few months ago and it ran everything perfectly fine, but in the past few weeks it has been randomly crashing.  It either crashes completely or my monitor goes a weird greenish black color, but the system still works.  If the screen does that i can still hear audio if I'm playing a video or I can still communicate through a chat program(I use C3).  I have went through a lot of the files on it and I can't seem to find anything that would lead it to be a program crash.  The computer has never had a problem when initially booting up and it usually doesn't crash in games, it isn't overheating to the best of my knowledge and I haven't detected any malware on the pc.  I'm really confused on what it could be so if anybody could help me figure this problem out it would be very appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

I know it is inconvenient; but can you run the machine in Safe Mode with Networking for a while to see if the "crashes" or monitor issue persists?

Thanks

#3 SKATEnuggit

SKATEnuggit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

That didn't fix the problem, but thank you for the help.  I reinstalled my windows software and it has seemed to fix the problem.  I believe it was a conflict between the os and the actual key I was using.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users