Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hi BC

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 kygiacomo

kygiacomo

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:40 AM

well here i am again needing ur all help..evertime i hit the icon for malwarebytes premuim it will go white and then say not responding..i have tried everthing i know of even uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now it will still say not respondeing and i cant do a update or a manual scan at all..im not even sure its  still protecting me at the moment...my mcafee is working flawlesss though on this brandnew computer so can anyone help me out? i already sent ticket to malwarbytes team as well

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 PM

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:57 PM

Did you uninstall/reinstall as follows?...How to fully Uninstall/Reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

If so, then I suggest you wait on the Malwarebytes team to reply since you already sent a ticket. They know the inner workings of the program and have direct access to the developer and research engineers so your best option is to wait for them to figure out what is going on.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 kygiacomo

kygiacomo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

Did you uninstall/reinstall as follows?...How to fully Uninstall/Reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

If so, then I suggest you wait on the Malwarebytes team to reply since you already sent a ticket. They know the inner workings of the program and have direct access to the developer and research engineers so your best option is to wait for them to figure out what is going on.

thanks quietman7..i will wait for them! it still scans my computer though and is still protected bc when with the not responding thing always poping up if i press wait for app to respond it will eventually respond and then do the scan so not worried about my computer being un protected..just more of a nusience actaully..i got the premium on ur advice quietman7 and so far its been wonderful..so i kept the mcafee live safe since i got a 6 month paid version when i bought this dell and so far its worked wonderful..been a few times i have been surfing web and mcafee will pop up and tell me this page has potential dangerous material..then either tells me to proceed anyways or get me out of here lol i always hit get me out here also so far the live safe hasnt inpacted my computer performance..when the 6 months paid version time comes i will decide then if im gonna keep mcafee..i was reading reports and all the ones i read is that mcafee is outstanding on a clean or new computer but isnt the bes when it is already DL on a infected system..this may be way it works so well on mine bc i got the brand new dell insprion3847..processser= i5-4460 3.20ghz speed,8 GB with 3.50ghz turbo speed when needed

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,594 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:25 PM

Ok...sounds like some sort of glitch or conflict going on but as long as its still scanning and providing its protection...that's what counts. We will just need to wait an see what they find out.

#5 kygiacomo

kygiacomo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:13 PM

Ok...sounds like some sort of glitch or conflict going on but as long as its still scanning and providing its protection...that's what counts. We will just need to wait an see what they find out.

i have emailed MB and still not got a email back from them concerning this issue..how long does it usually take quietman7? my malwarebytes premium edition is still doing the same thing..evertime i pull it up to look at the dashboard it goes white and then says not responding..

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,594 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

Being that it is the holidays, they most likely are short staffed at the Help Desk. You could uninstall/reinstall using the instructions I provided or start a topic in the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help Forum and ask there.

#7 kygiacomo

kygiacomo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

gonna try the uninstall thing again..i hate when i click on it and it just goes white and then comes up not responding..so annoying! thanks for all the help so far and i will register at the malwarebytes forums thingy and ask as well

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,594 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

Not a problem. Good luck.

#9 kygiacomo

kygiacomo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:21 PM

hey quietman7 had to bother u again but i have no ideal whats going on..still haveing same issue,im gonna be patent tiill after the first the year and then email them again about this issue..still doing same thing NOT RESPONDING 2.0.4.1028 is the version i have if that matters..i think im gonna just leave it uninstalled bc it seems to be slowing down now between times it comes up not responding..i choose wait for progrom to respond then i have to right click on the icon at bottom bar and then it will say end process just to simply hit the X close button..something weird going on for sure..hopefully after first of the year they will get back to me or i will start emailing more..i signed up for thier fourm as well waiting on link..i just have to trust mcafee to protect me for now..so far its always warned me of a malicous site more then this version of malware version or maybe they will give me a refund but i hope it dont come to that i really trust their protection

Edited by kygiacomo, 28 December 2014 - 11:28 PM.

#10 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,594 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

If one of the Staff or Honorary Members ask you to run some "Diagnostic Logs", please refer to this topic and post the logs in your original Malwarebytes topic, not here.

#11 kygiacomo

kygiacomo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

If one of the Staff or Honorary Members ask you to run some "Diagnostic Logs", please refer to this topic and post the logs in your original Malwarebytes topic, not here.

thanks for all the help bro..i did another uninstall and reinstall and now their appears to be a differnt version then the one i posted in this thread and this one seems to be working fine..now i dont feel like a big wide open gap in my security..still waiting to hear back from the support team on the issue i had though and see what they say

well i spoke to soon its back to not responding now..*SIGH*

Edited by kygiacomo, 30 December 2014 - 12:31 PM.

#12 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,594 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

There are two versions...Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 & 1.75.

#13 kygiacomo

kygiacomo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:30 PM

wonder which one i was running? i delted it now but would like to try the other version

#14 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,594 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 06:36 PM

v2.0 looks like this.

setup_10main_premium.png

#15 kygiacomo

kygiacomo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:13 AM

v2.0 looks like this.

setup_10main_premium.png

yea that is the one i had that is freezeing up on me..can u show me the other and provide me a safe DL link please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users