Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fatdog-700-b2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:23 PM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

I tried twice to Burn a Disc with K3b, one a DVD-RW and a DVD-R from the Fatdog64 source, and each time it did not work.  The first one had an Error that said XZ-compressed data is corrupt-System Haulted.  The second just stopped and I had to force a shutdown.  I can't understand how something so simple would not work for me.  I checked the md5sum also.  Any ideas?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,673 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

What another OS, I think you should stick with 1 or 2 till you get that hang of it, All this chopping and changing is counter productive.

This applies to everybody,

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,259 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:43 PM

What another OS, I think you should stick with 1 or 2 till you get that hang of it, All this chopping and changing is counter productive.

No, it was mistaking a red usb for a pinkish-red usb, my mistake.  This happened when playing around with that casper-rw and erased XP also.  I don't remember exactly what I did, but, It damaged/removed my Bootloader.  FD said something about the bootloader when it stopped booting up.  And got another Bootloader Error upon using F8 at boot.  I don't think anything can be done because I did not realize this until after I formatted the XP partition.  I was just going to install some more linux distro's on HDD and forget about XP but I did not realize about the bootloader.  My System Error said: "Bootloader Missing"  I realize my mistake, and was being way to adventurous for my knowledge.  Can this be fixed Nick?  I am able to use pc so all is good for now.  

Thanks pcpunk

Edited by pcpunk, 23 December 2014 - 10:46 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#4 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,259 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:41 PM

I thought I might have been a little disagreeable in my last post so apologies if it seemed that way.  My feelings are, that I just used bad judgement and took it a little to far with my  experiments.  I was frustrated with that article link you left, it was not working out, I should have just let it go.  If I had just stuck with what I know and enjoyed setting up a few distro's/puppies then I would have been fine, but my judgment is not good these days.  I had three puppies with savefiles to HDD that I was enjoying, one of them  been there for six months.  Really seems quite simple, fun and safe to set these up, but again it was my judgment on the casper savefile that was my demise.  It'a all good, I'm learning and having fun.  As the Aussie's say "No worries Mate" lol see ya

pcpunk

Edited by pcpunk, 24 December 2014 - 04:43 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#5 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,259 posts
  •  

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:13 PM

Got Fatdog-700b2 running, used xfburn.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#6 wizardfromoz

wizardfromoz

• Banned
  • 2,799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:50 AM

Goodonyer, punk!

BTW

As the Aussie's say "No worries Mate" lol see ya

You do know, don't yer, that we have an international copyright on that phrase, it costs AUD$500 for foreigners to use it, with a discounted price of AUD $1,000 to Yanks? I'll send you the bill.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: Kidding

Goodonyer again

:wizardball: Wiz

#7 pcpunk

pcpunk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5,259 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2014 - 05:23 PM

I love that saying, I'll have to create an account.  One of my favorite motorcycyle racers was famous for saying that.  His mehchanis would say we could not fix this or that in time, and he would just say "No worries Mate" and take off and win the race.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users