Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning fireplace for the TV

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lostsoul65

lostsoul65

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:14 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a free download of the burning fireplace so I can play it on my TV?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:24 PM

Like this?

<youtube video removed as the link does not have a free download as they infer.>

EDIT: I removed the youtube link.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 lostsoul65

lostsoul65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

How do I download that onto my USB flash drive so I can stick it on my TV to play?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:54 PM

My apologies, I didn't verify the link in the video. It's not free. The link goes to a storefront for only paid dvd's.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,059 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:11 PM

You could potentially find one on youtube and download it using one of many youtube download sites. If you do this it will free you from having to search for youtube videos which contain a download link. You should try and find a video which the author has described as being "creative-commons Attribution" licensed and you must tape a little label below the screen (or add an overlaid piece of text in the corner of the video using video editing software) crediting the author and providing the youtube URL where you originally found it before downloading. When visiting a site to download the video form youtube (there are mnay, my personal choice is http://www.clipconverter.cc/ )you MUST run an adblocker and a script blocker as many youtube video download sites have some pretty scammy looking pop-up ads which often open in new tabs when you clcik the download link (use of a script and ad blocker will help stop this). After this you will then need to convert it to a format that the television can handle, raw .avi is a good choice for compatibility but it is very bulky (2 gigabytes for 1 minute HD quality). You might need to add in the looping effect yourself if the only suitable videos you can find are non-looping, the easiest way to do this might be for the whole video to blur out at the end and blur in at the start to atleast partly mask the transistion. ALWAYS credit the author, and don't use the video commercially.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users