Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Could someone tell me wha this is.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

I came across this while deleting some temp files. Anyone know something about it? Thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 PM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:43 PM

It's a performance analyzer trace file.

See this for information regarding WPA: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh448170.aspx

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:22 PM

I wonder why I would have something like that on a Win 7 machine?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,751 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:47 PM

It's been quite a while but I believe I saw the same thing on an Enterprise Windows 7 machine. So I don't think it's unusual.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#5 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:31 AM

Hmmmm,.....If you only knew what has been happening with my machines.

Do you think it is only for "Enterprise" versions?  Windows 7 I should have said.

Edited by bwrighttwo, 24 December 2014 - 12:33 AM.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,751 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

I only used WPA once on a Windows 7 machine. That was quite some time ago, with the assistance of someone. I also saw the log files a few times from other machines. What versions of Windows 7 WPA is confined to? I can't answer. I also can't remember which version of 7 I used WPA on. But I am quite confident that this is not nefarious.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#7 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

Thanks  for your time "Animal". I think you may have helped me recently with another issue.  If you know someone that you could refer this to that might be able to tell me what the log output means/describes and what it is doing with those thumb db files I would appreciate it. Again,......Thanks

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,751 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

You're quite welcome, and I'll ask around. Since it's the holidays and a weekend as well. It might be a day or two before anyone has a chance to look. Have a nice holiday.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#9 bwrighttwo

bwrighttwo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:12 PM

Not a problem. I gotta do the same. You have a nice holiday as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users