Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Could not connect all network drives" with no internet connection.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ixxy

Ixxy

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

I am unsure if these two problems are related, but they happened at the same time so I believe it's worth mentioning.

I have a Gateway T-Series (Model no. T-1628, also Model no. W350A) with Windows Vista Home Premium. This happened randomly. I did not make any changes to the computer, install/uninstall anything, etc. I simply booted it up as I usually do to be greeted with the error message and no wireless capability. 

At first, I tried to troubleshoot why there were no available connections on this computer, when I was using a different laptop on the internet right next to it with no problem. The troubleshoot said that my wireless capability was turned off, so I hit the shortcut keys for it (Fn, F2), which did absolutely nothing. I went into the Mobility Center, and the "Turn Wireless On" button was greyed out and unclickable. I went into device manager, and the Network drives were showing and they were up to date and seemed to have no error messages. I have tried restarting, refreshing the internet connection menu in the tray, and the things mentioned above multiple times with no success whatsoever.

I found that from time to time, the error message will not pop up upon startup, usually if I wait a little bit before logging on with my password, but no matter what I do it shows that I have no wireless capability and it will not let me change that.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

Hello, and Welcome

It could be caused by a failing wireless card or one that is not properly seated. With the battery out and the power adapter detached, remove and reseat the Wireless card. You will need to unclick the antenna wires to do this. 

It could also be that the wireless driver is getting wonky and a updated drive download would help. I could not find anything regarding a wireless drive for this model.

Right click the Wireless adapter in Device Manager. Select Properties and under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Copy and Paste the first line in your next post.

#3 Ixxy

Ixxy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_E016105B&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_E016105B
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&CC_0280

There are the Hardware IDs! I'm going to have to look up how to reseat the wireless card, I'm not too hardware savvy, but I will give that a shot!

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

If you are not comfortable doing it, we can try the driver update first if I can find the driver. Is your Vista 32bit or 64bit?

Edited by JohnC_21, 23 December 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#5 Ixxy

Ixxy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:24 PM

Sounds good! I'm running 64bit

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,432 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

I would recommend you create a restore point before downloading the driver. I downloaded the driver here and the inf has your Vendor and Device Id so it should work but there is always a chance it will not. The restore point will let you fall back to the previous driver. Unzip the file and double click the setup.exe file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users