Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I get crashes non stop

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 hornolocus

hornolocus

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:57 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/view/gau2980sr6a5e2d/crash.jpg

Hello, my name is Andrei.

I have a big problem with my HP envy m6 and I can t get to the bottom of it. I t keeps crashing, freezing with colored stripes on the screen and weird sound lingering and also restarting randomly. I could barely post this as it took me several hours because it keeps crashing....  Once in a while I get this error CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT and also 0xa0001 error.  Here are the speccy snapshot, minidump file and the minitoolbox result:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/wGE57uhIGnfmHuEPXdWgz4P

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cashx6unxf5y3wf/122114-22542-01.zip

I could not find any pattern , it just keeps crashing like crazy. temperature showed by spccy is not normal but I have another software that shows normal temperature...   I could really use some help with this.  Thank you very much

It s an HP envy m6 1310sa

Edited by hornolocus, 23 December 2014 - 04:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

Hi hornolocus and welcome to BC. Your CPU and Graphics card are running very hot and the computer had just been started. Please download and run CPUZ and post the result. http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html also need you to copy and paste the minitoolbox  content into your next post. Thank you.

Edited by KingdomSeeker, 23 December 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#3 hornolocus

hornolocus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

Thank you for the fast reply!

Here are the reports you requested:

https://www.mediafire.com/?x7ize862udvax5r

https://www.mediafire.com/?d5abd3yuan9tpj5

Edited by hornolocus, 23 December 2014 - 06:16 PM.

#4 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

A bit of a misunderstanding, I'd like you to copy and past the text of the  reports. I don't download zip files for the protection of my computer and to keep it from becoming cluttered. Thanks

Edited by KingdomSeeker, 23 December 2014 - 06:42 PM.

#5 hornolocus

hornolocus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

I am sorry but it says I don t have permission for that action. I am guessing the text is too long

#6 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:28 PM

Have you tried  using ctrl + V to paste?

#7 hornolocus

hornolocus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

Yes.

When I hit  ;post;  an error comes up saying I don t have permission to perform this action

#8 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:05 PM

NP, I looked at the reports. The CPUZ didn't show quite as high of a temp but still high. Can you boot into you BIOS and check the temps there?

#9 hornolocus

hornolocus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

My bios does not show the core temp. but I installed hwm monitor and this one shows 80 degrees Celsius while idle...

#10 hornolocus

hornolocus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:25 PM

and as soon as I do something it goes up to 90- 100

#11 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:34 PM

You most likely have a fan failing or need to replace the thermal paste.

Testing an Installed Fan Step 1

Download and install SpeedFan. This program uses data provided by sensors in your computer's hardware to display information about the temperatures of various components and the speed at which the cooling fans for those components are rotating.

Step 2

Launch SpeedFan and wait a few minutes for it to retrieve data.

Step 3

Examine the information presented in the main program window. The speed at which your computer's fans are rotating, measured in revolutions per minute, is on the left side of the window, while temperatures of various components are on the right side. The RPM data for the CPU fan is listed first, but may be labeled differently depending on the data sent by your hardware.

Step 4

Check the RPM data for your CPU fan and compare it with the normal RPM range listed in the manual or specifications sheet for it. A particularly low RPM number may indicate your fan is failing.

Step 5

Click the "Charts" tab, select "Fan Speeds" using the drop-down menu and place a check mark next to the label corresponding to your CPU fan to begin generating a chart of the variation in the fan's speed. Leave the program running for some time while you use your computer. Later, check the chart; a significant variation in the RPM number, in the order of 1000 to 2000, may also indicate a failing fan.

#12 hornolocus

hornolocus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

speedfan does not recognise any fans. could it be that the fan is not even connected? I can hear the fan though and hot air coming out...

#13 hornolocus

hornolocus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:51 PM

speedfan is also showing half of the temperature the other 2 softwares are showing.. I am confused

#14 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:01 PM

Most of your temps were ok except for the CPU and Graphic card. If it isn't receiving any data from those it can't give an accurate temp. If the system has stayed running for awhile please run another Speccy report and we'll see what the temps are now.

#15 hornolocus

hornolocus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:09 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/HT3lPL3tJCZJiFqErZhROQG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users