Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Thank you Bleeping Computer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:27 AM

Its been a while since I was active on these forums, but I want to give a big thanks to this forum and to all the great members who have contributed their time and expertise. 

I wanted to post here today because I joined the forum when I was only 14, and knew almost nothing about computers. I was always very interested with them, and had recently just saved up enough money to purchase my own. I came across this forum and was so impressed with all of the information people were providing, especially in building computers. I eventually built my own computer in high school, and started fixing friends and families computers. The majority of the motivation, interest, and confidence to work on computers came from the information and assistance from the community members of this forum. After high school, I knew that I wanted to do something involving computers and technology, knowing that I had found my true passion.

So here I am today, just finished up my last semester of coursework in college, and have only an internship left (which I recently was able to obtain one with a fairly large business) to complete to graduate in May 2015 with my Bachelor's of Technology degree in Network Administration. I really do not know what else I would be doing if I had not stumbled across Bleeping Computer and discovered that I enjoy working with computers and technology so much. 

I cannot thank this community enough for all that they have done in helping me get to where I am today, and will also try to become more active on these forums to help others so that I can give back to the place that has given me so much.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users