Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Code: DNS Probe Finished No Internet. How do I fix?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fantasy09

fantasy09

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

The net keeps going out, and the above error code is what keeps generating. It mattes not which browser I use(Google or Firefox) it keeps doing this.

I have unhooked my modem, router, and even cut the entire computer off, but without fail some hours later the internet goes out.

I even tried this last night.I found it on a YouTube video about this problem.

Opened cmd, typed in netsh winsock reset, as administrator.

Restarted computer.

When I restarted and got back on the internet it immediately went to the error page. So I unhooked everything overnight.

So far this morning everything is fine,but I know later it will start again.

How do I fix this? Thanks :)

Windows 7

Lenovo H420

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,434 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

Do you have your DNS setting set to automatically obtain DNS?

If you have it set to automatic and you still have the problem, then try using the OpenDNS servers. Here are instructions for Windows 7. If you have DNS servers listed make a note of them in case you need to revert back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users