Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hey guys!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:38 PM

Hello Bleeping Computer!

I would assume that most people coming here are wanting to ask specific questions, etc. I am here for a bit of a different reason. I have just recently graduated from College with my bachelors degree in Computer Security from Drexel University in Philadelphia PA. When I first started getting into computers I visited computer forums, much like this one, quite frequently and got some great help and advice. Along with meeting some great people. Now that I have progressed in life, gotten a degree and some more knowledge, I thought it was about time to join another computer forum. Hopefully I can help some people out with their questions and also keep my skills in use and hopefully sharpen other skills. So... now that you have read why I am here.. I know I know, long winded... let me tell you a little about myself.

First off, my name is Sam. I am a 24 year old computer/technology geek. Like I had previously mentioned I have recently graduated from Drexel University with a bachelors degree in Computer Security. I am a huge linux user and advocate. I started building my own computers around 15 and have fixed and built computers for friends since then. I think I have wide range of tech knowledge.

I used to work for a retail chain for five years that sold electronic parts, cell phones, etc, etc. I currently work for a company as a Software Engineer which is predominately a Linux environment. Seriously, the only thing I do on Windows is check e-mail and Google things. Its fantastic.

I am a pretty big gamer, though I don't have as much time any more to do a ton of gaming. Yes I can't stand Call of Duty, been the same game since Call of Duty 4. I play a decent amount of Battlefield, though haven't done much playing on it lately. I do play a bit of Counter Strike Global Offensive. I also play a decent amount of NBA 2K15 on the PS4. Big Miami Heat fan... no I was not a bandwagon Lebron James fan when he came there, for those of those that even care.

Well now that you are completely bored (if you made it this far), I will leave you with the ending that a hacker for good always uses ... I'll let you figure out who it is.

Stay Frosty,

Peace

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:40 PM

Hi DeimosChaos :welcome: BC

Didn't anybody ever tell you not to bring a knife to a gunfight? :hysterical:

#3 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:47 PM

I have been told... But that isn't any fun.

:devil:

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users