Hello to all here, I was advised to post my questions here after Satchfan did a fantastic and patient job of helping me clear malware, etc, from my laptop: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558842/infected-with-malware-from-old-laptop-desperate/
To cut a long story short, I will go in order of what happened:
1. A casual Malwarebytes scan found 2 infections
2. I quarantined the infected files and also ran AVG Free and Superantispyware to clear-up any other issues
3. Because I have used my laptop for financial transactions for a family member I decided to restore to factory settings to 'overwrite' any remaining issues. I am not so bothered if my details are accessed, if anyone else's were I would be distraught
4. I re-installed Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and AVG. I ran a Malwarebytes and found over 200 infections, took the recommended action (quarantine) and did the same for Superantispyware and AVG. I closed the laptop down and have not switched it on again since
5. I then bought another laptop and reset my router before connecting it
6. I connected and installed Malwarebytes, AVG and Superantispyware. Malwarebytes found 200+ issues, with the names being the same as those which affected the old laptop
SO: my questiona are:
1. Is, is my router affected, somehow, by malware?
2. If I bought an iPad to use with WiFi connection to that router (to use for financial stuff, shopping) would the same issues affect that iPad, too?
Sorry I have had to be longwinded, guys. :-/