Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2012 Essentials network backup

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ThroatPunchDonor

ThroatPunchDonor

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

I am starting to use my Active Directory server to do the company computer backups (about 16 desktops running Windows 7 Pro) since it is being under utilized and I'm having a problem with how slow the program is going. One of my computers has been stuck at 35% for a few hours so far and this is preventing the others from starting since this is a network backup and the program only works on one machine at a time. The software I'm using is the Windows Server 2012 Essentials Connector program since it is built into my server and it allows for daily, weekly, and monthly backups as well as being centralized. The backups are being stored on a 4 TB external drive and set to run 23 hours a day (won't allow 24 hour operation). When sitting at the system that is being backed up, there is no noticeable increase in system activity with the disk or the network traffic. Is there a way I can speed this up, or should I look into another program?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TestForumAccount

TestForumAccount

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

update the NIC drivers and increase the data size of the disk I/O operations...

following may be helpful...

Initial Client Backup Very Slow to Server 2012 Essentials RC

Best,

TFA

#3 billyjack1203

billyjack1203

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

this is my first time to post in this forum, but the company I am working as a systems admin has windows 2003 server infrastructure.  I used this site earlier today to get rid of Ransomware and I am completely sold that you guys know what is up in the IT world.  we are working on an infrastructure upgrade in the next few weeks so as to get this done before 2003 end of life.  Keep up the great work and I hope I am an added resources and not a support Hogg. 

billy jack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users