Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

adding a shortcut to desktop on windows 8

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nora10514

Nora10514

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 22 December 2014 - 09:53 AM

Hi, I want to add a shortcut for my Malwarbytes anti-malware application.  I found the folder using the start menu and right clicked on it, used 'send to desktop'.  the folder appeared on my desktop.  But the shortcut points me all the files in the folder.  I just wanted the scan program on my desktop and I do not know which file is the scan program.  Does anyone know?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Plumber

Plumber

• Members
  • 409 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:15 AM

You did it correct except for one thing.Don't send the folder to the desktop,open it up and send only the executible.

#3 Nora10514

Nora10514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

yes, but the folder has several .exe files.   Do you which one starts the scan application?

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

Hi Nora10514 :)

The correct Malwarebytes executable here is mbam.exe, like shown in the picture below:
AtEySZe.png
You can simply right-click on that executable only and select Send to Desktop to create a shortcut for it.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users