Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD d1

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jimpfingst

jimpfingst

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:37 PM

I have been getting intermittent BSOD d1's for the past several weeks.  Can someone help?  I don't see anywhere to attach a minidump

Edited by hamluis, 22 December 2014 - 12:23 PM.
Moved posts from different member topic to own topic - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:48 PM

@jimpfingst:
I would recommend starting a new thread, as this will ensure you get help more directly. And don't attach the minidump file, copy and paste it into your post.

#3 jimpfingst

jimpfingst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:49 PM

K.  Thx.

#4 jimpfingst

jimpfingst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:10 PM

I have been getting intermittent BSOD d1's for the past several weeks.  Is this enough of the minidump file to help?

==================================================
Dump File         : 122114-60575-01.dmp
Crash Time        : 12/21/2014 3:08:40 PM
Bug Check String  : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code    : 0x000000d1
Parameter 1       : 0x00000006
Parameter 2       : 0x00000002
Parameter 3       : 0x00000000
Parameter 4       : 0x8c477882
Caused By Driver  : tcpip.sys
Caused By Address : tcpip.sys+6f882
File Description  : TCP/IP Driver
Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company           : Microsoft Corporation
File Version      : 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Processor         : 32-bit
Crash Address     : ntkrnlpa.exe+40b7f
Stack Address 1   : tcpip.sys+6f882
Stack Address 2   : tcpip.sys+67d88
Stack Address 3   : tcpip.sys+c6d4c
Computer Name     :
Full Path         : C:\Windows\Minidump\122114-60575-01.dmp
Processors Count  : 2
Major Version     : 15
Minor Version     : 7601
Dump File Size    : 145,776
Dump File Time    : 12/21/2014 3:10:54 PM
==================================================

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2014 - 02:21 AM

Hello jimpfingst and welcome to BleepingComputer :)

Is it possible for you to grab the files in C:­\windows\minidump\, move them in another folder that you created on your Desktop (or Documents), then archive (compress) that folder and attach it to your next post? It'll help me a lot if I have access to all your minidump files, this way I can look for the cause of these BSODs issues, since tcpip.sys is a generic driver from the Windows system, and there's tons of possibilities when it come to what could had make it crash.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,685 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2014 - 04:09 PM

Click on the Start orb, they type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

cmd will appear in the results above the search box, right click on it and choose Run as administrator.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt, copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Edited by dc3, 22 December 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 jimpfingst

jimpfingst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

OK, Aura.  Here it is.

Attached Files

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:06 PM

It looks like your BSODs are caused by the fwpkclnt.sys driver, which is another Microsoft Windows network related driver. May I ask you what is your computer/laptop brand and model, as well as if you're using Windows 7 32 or 64-bits? To find out which version you're using, click on the Windows Start Menu then right-click on Computer and select Properties. A few lines down in the window, it'll display 32 or 64-bits.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#9 jimpfingst

jimpfingst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

Sure, thanks for the help!

HP Compaq MXM732015R

Win 7 Ultimate SP1 32 bit

PS What utility do you use to read the minidumps?

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

I use WinDbg, from Microsoft :) While I look up your laptop, can you follow dc3's instructions in post #6? However, I don't know if he wants you to attach the text file or copy/paste it directly in thread. I would copy/paste it. Also, they model number you gave me doesn't seems to exist. Where did you grab it from?

Edited by Aura., 23 December 2014 - 12:02 AM.

unite_blue.png

#11 jimpfingst

jimpfingst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:17 AM

It's the only number on the PC (It's a desktop, BTW). When I run a Crucial scan, it tells me:HP - Compaq HP Business Desktops dc5700 Series (All form factors)

I did follow his instructions.  After doing the command, I lost connection to the internet.  Turns out my static IP settings were wiped out, but the setting was still on "Use the following IP address".  Once I reset those settings, I was able to access the 'net.  I also ran:  netsh winsock reset catalog, as this was recommended as a follow-up to the first command, to reset TCP/IP.

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

Your computer brand and model is a HP Compaq DC5700 (Small Form Factor) according to your Crucial scan, and it looks about right :) Can you go in your Device Manager by clicking on the Windows Start Menu, then right-click on Computer and select Properties. From there, click on Device Manager in the left pane. Expand the Network Adapters column and tell me what devices are listed under it please.

unite_blue.png

#13 jimpfingst

jimpfingst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:30 AM

Copy of device manager attached

Attached Files

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:36 AM

Alright, please download and install the following drivers here. If you have an issue when installing them, let me know.

unite_blue.png

#15 jimpfingst

jimpfingst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:07 AM

That's a Vista driver.  There are no Win 7 drivers.  Will I have an issue with it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users